"A cheerful heart is good medicine . . . Proverbs 17:22

Monday, January 10, 2011

Just Coloring and Stamping

Here are a few cards I made over the weekend. This first one was one that I saw in a card making magazine that I subscribe to. I loved the background and discovered from the description that it was patterned paper. Since there was no way I would be able to find that paper, I decided to make my own patterned paper :-). I was really pleased with the outcome. Wish I could give credit to the designer. I tore the page out of the magazine and put it in my file folder so I don't even remember which publication it was. Do you do that? :-)

The background was made by stamping the party hats (Hero Arts LP160 Party Time) and (Recollections Clear Stamps ~ Zoo-Licious) and coloring them with copics. I then used Tim Holtz Distress Ink Broken China for the background color.

The rest was layering blue, green and striped papers. The top "Happy Birthday" layer has pop dots under it. There is another layer of green and blue before you get to the striped layer - yep lots of layering!

The sentiment is HA CL139. The candles are an old Stampabilities D1060. I colored them and then added white dots with my gel pen.



Both of these have the HA K5361 Flower Medley stamped. The one on the left is stamped with Hero Arts Shadow Ink Soft Pink and the other Soft Leaf.
The sentiment on the left is HA CL140 and the one on the right is HA CL139.

Thank you for stopping by!

Thought for the day:
"This is love: not that we loved God,
but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins."
I John 4:10

No comments:

Post a Comment