"A cheerful heart is good medicine . . . Proverbs 17:22

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Dreaming of a White Christmas

That is probably not going to happen - that is - a white Christmas, unless you count the cotton in our fields before it is picked. Now the cotton looks like snow but we enjoy that during October and November. We are definitely experiencing the colder weather but right now chances are slim that any snow will arrive here.

If you got here from the Hero Arts Flickr Group, welcome and thank you for stopping by. My first card doesn't have any Hero Arts stamps on it - just maybe the snowflakes came from there, but I really don't remember.

I used my Cuttlebug Snowflake Embossing folder to create the snow look under the trees. The cute little snowman is from Cricut Winter Collection Snow Friends 2009-2010. The tree stamp is Posh Impressions 550G23. I used Tim Holtz Distressed Inks Pine Needles and Peeled Paint. There is white glitter on the snowman and the trees. I don't have any of that neat looking Liquid Pearls yet so I improvised with some white Scribbles paint for the added snow on the trees. The sentiment is from Recollections Clear Stamps/North Pole. Not sure about the source of those snowflakes.

I just loved Shari's card "Wishing You . . ." so as you can see I pretty much duplicated it with the exception of adding another ornament.
HA CL462 Magic of Christmas, Hero Hues Punch for the background ink using the sentiment from CL462
The felt leaves and berries are from Hero Arts also.
Colored with copic markers.

As you are hurrying and scurrying around today, I thought this verse would be very appropriate for us all during this precious Christmas season.
Thought for the day:
He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
   I will be exalted among the nations,
   I will be exalted in the earth.”
Psalm 46:10

No comments:

Post a Comment