"A cheerful heart is good medicine . . . Proverbs 17:22

Friday, January 13, 2012

It's Not Always What You Think

So - in today's Clean and Simple Card Making Class, Jennifer McGuire demonstrated how to use distress inks with water on watercolor paper. It was amazing. I am such a visual learner. My thoughts were that I would emboss a heart on regular paper and then create a background with similar shapes as demonstrated but without using distress inks or water :) I am not sure why ideas look so good in my head but when I actual try them they are somewhat different.
My plans were to use the colors in this months Hero Arts challenge but using Jennifer's technique. Let's just say it was a good idea BUT here is my card and it's okay - but long story short my shapes never would develop - even using a square stamp - so I simply made a "swirly" background. The rest is history. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

That wonderful background :) is ColorBox Boysenberry, Pink, and Cranberry.
Heart: Hero Arts CG426
Heart is heat embossed with opaque white, did some fussy cutting around it (waiting for the matching Hero Arts die to come out)
Sentiment: Hero Arts CL283
Bakers Twine
Bronze bling

Looks kinda psychedelic huh? Remember all the tie-dye stuff? That was fun.

Thought for the day:
My thought for the day is from Lysa Terkeurst who is a part of Proverbs31 Ministries:
"Exchange whispers with God before shouts with the world."
Thought it was worth repeating :)

5 comments:

  1. love your take on today's lesson! i havent decided what i am going to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did well... lovely card with beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the background is gorgeous and I'm a sucker for hearts, so this is a winner in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pam,
    Your card is beautiful--you did an excellant job. P.S. I love the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been seeing such amazing creations come from this class and your card here sure is a beauty! That background is amazing.

    ReplyDelete